You are invited to join us for our next “Meeting Of The Minds” Webinar, Living with Dementia: Supporting Those Who Have It & Care Partners, presetned by Laurie White, who has a Masters of Social Work, MSW, and has been a Dementia Specialist for 35 years.
Presented by: Laurie White, Master of Social Work (MSW) and Dementia Specialist for 35 years
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 (AU/NZ/Asia)
- Please note this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About the Webinar: Using real life (anonymous) experiences of people with dementia, family care partners and professionals working in the medical and social service arenas, Laurie will help participants:
- Understand what it feels like to have dementia
- Connect with a person with dementia through effective communication strategies in the early, middle, and late stages
- Explore how building on old strengths and interests can bring meaning to people in all stages of dementia
About Laurie White: After Laurie received her Master of Social Work from the University of Michigan 35 years ago, she dedicated her career to helping people with dementia, their care partner(s) and health care professionals. Laurie developed one of the first early stage groups in the country for people with dementia and facilitated these groups for 20 years. She has presented at conferences nationwide to help care partners understand and cope with the common challenges, changes and choices during the course of dementia. She co-authored Coping with Behavior Change in Dementia and Moving a Relative & Other Transitions in Dementia Care. (Dementiacarebooks.com) Laurie lives in Santa Rosa, California.
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 1:00 pm Pacific
- 2:00 pm Mountain
- 3:00 pm Central
- 4:00 pm Eastern
- 9:00 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 10:00 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, November 26, 2020 ( AU/NZ/ASIA):
- 5:00 am Perth, AU/Taipei/Singapore
- 7:00 am Brisbane, AU
- 7:30 am Adelaide, AU
- 8:00 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania/Brisbane, AU
- 10:00 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for up to 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above with this link.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members: FREE
- Care partners of DAI Memers: FREE
- Healthcare professionals: FREE
- Researchers: FREE
- General public: FREE
YOUR DONATIONS SUPPORT US IN MANY WAYS:
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 200.00 covers the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees