Dementia Alliance International (DAI) is a registered 501c3 charity in the state of Texas in the United States of America. Is is a charity that is run by, and for people with dementia, with no paid staff.
Volunteers currently support our important and demanding work.
DAI has three volunteer vacancies:
Dementia Alliance International (DAI) is a registered charity in the state of Texas in the United States of America; a charity that is run by, and for people with dementia with no paid staff. We do however, have volunteers who support our important and demanding work, and also thank our past, current and future Volunteers! We are currently looking for three new volunteers to support this innovative and highly successful advocacy organization.
Three Volunteer Vacancies:
- Board Secretariat: needs a demonstrated ability to keep accurate records, attend board meetings and the AGM, provide minutes, and other duties including advice on Governance.
- Finance Officer: needs a demonstrated ability to manage financial resources and develop budgets, prepare reports using Quickbooks, and so on.
- Webinars, Marketing and Social Media: this includes setting up webinars using Eventbrite, managing a calendar of keynote speakers, using MailChimp to communicate with members and supporters, and adding content to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Willing to work under the direction of the organisation, i.e. working under the instruction of people diagnosed with dementia, in accordance with nothing about us, without us
- Agree to use DAI marketing and branding formats in all matters, including communications such as powerpoint presentations
- Be willing to treat the role with the same professionalism as a paid position
- Provide adequate notice if you need to step down
- A background in or a full understanding of co-design
- Knowledge and awareness of dementia as a disability, and equal access to the CRPD
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Some education in dementia, or a background in dementia care
Essential criteria includes;
- Willing to work under the direction of people with dementia
- Willing to sign a Conflict of Interest form