DAI’s Café Le Brain becomes a “Meeting Of The Minds” in June 2021!
DAI is holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) in June, which is to be followed by our monthly Café Le Brain.
This year we have a very special invited guest speaker after the AGM, who will present at our Cafe, which will be a DAI “Meeting Of The Minds” event with a difference!
Presenter: Dr. Jason Karlawish, MD, Physician, Writer
- Wednesday, June 15, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Thursday, June 16, 2021 (AU/NZ/ASIA)
- Please note this is one event, set in a number of different time zones – it is not being held twice.
About the presentation: Once upon a time, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias were rare diseases and then it became common and, quickly, turned into a crisis. Why? What happened? And how does knowing what happened help us decide what we should do about it? This “Meeting of the Minds” takes on these questions.
About Dr. Jason Karlawish: Jason is a physician and writer. He researches and writes about issues at the intersections of bioethics, aging, and the neurosciences. He is the author of The Problem of Alzheimer’s: How Science, Culture, and Politics Turned a Rare Disease into a Crisis and What We Can Do About It and the novel Open Wound: The Tragic Obsession of Dr. William Beaumont and has written essays for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Forbes, The Hill, and the Philadelphia Inquirer. He is a Professor of Medicine, Medical Ethics and Health Policy, and Neurology at the University of Pennsylvania and Co-Director of the Penn Memory Center, where he cares for patients. He lives in Philadelphia.
Wednesday, June 15, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 2:30 pm Pacific
- 3:30 pm Mountain
- 4:30 pm Central
- 5:30 pm Eastern
- 10:30 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 11:30 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, June 16, 2021 (AU/NZ/ASIA):
- 5:30 am Perth, AU/Asia
- 7:00 am Adelaide, AU
- 7:30 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania/Brisbane, AU
- 9:30 am Auckland, NZ
The event runs for up to 1.5 hours.
Check your time with this link if not listed above.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members: FREE
- Non DAI Members: FREE
- DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED: $30.00 or you can choose
WHILST IT IS FREE FOR YOU TO ATTEND, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO SUPPORT THESE EVENTS AND ONGOING SERVICES AND SUPPORT FOR OUR MEMBERS:
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 200.00 covers the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 300.00 covers 3 months of website management fees