Presenter: Dr. Monica Cations, BPsych (Hons), PhD, MRFF/NHMRC Emerging Leadership Fellow, Flinders University.
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Thursday, May 27, 2021 (AU/NZ/Asia)
- Please note this is one event, set in a number of different time zones – it is not being held twice.
About the Webinar: Many people with dementia and their supporters experience psychological illbeing and illness, including depression and anxiety. This webinar will discuss evidence-based strategies for both people with dementia and their supporters to maximise their psychological health and wellbeing. It will also provide advice and strategies for health care professionals about how to identify and meet the psychological needs of the people with dementia and supporters they are working with.
About Dr. Monica Cations: Monica is a researcher and provisional psychologist who has worked with people with dementia for over a decade. She works in the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work at Flinders University supported by overlapping Fellowships from the Hospital Research Foundation and the Medical Research Future Fund. Her research and practice aims to promote the mental wellbeing of people with dementia and people using aged care.
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 2:00 pm Pacific
- 3:00 pm Mountain
- 4:00 pm Central
- 5:00 pm Eastern
- 10:00 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 11:00 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, May 27, 2021 (AU/NZ/ASIA):
- 5:00 am Perth, AU/Asia
- 6:30 am Adelaide, AU
- 7:00 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania/Brisbane, AU
- 9:00 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for up to 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above with this link.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members: FREE
- Care partners of DAI Members: FREE
- Healthcare professionals: FREE
- Researchers: FREE
- General public: FREE
- DONATION: $30.00
WHILST WE HAVE MADE IT FREE FOR YOU TO ATTEND, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO SUPPORT THESE EVENTS AND OUR MEMBERS:
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 200.00 covers the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 300.00 covers 3 months of website management fees
Support people with dementia: