DAI’s monthly “Meeting Of The Minds” Webinars focus on a variety of topics, and provide an opportunity for people with dementia to connect with the wider community of those living with the disease or working in the area of dementia, and vice versa.
In September, we are pleases to announce we will hear from Yun-Hee is the Susan and Isaac Wakil Professor of Healthy Ageing at the Sydney Nursing School, The University of Sydney. Yun-Hee is passionate about improving quality of care for older people and dementia care and involving the public at all stages of research.
Register now for our September 2019 “A Meeting Of The Minds Webinar”, on Step Up For Dementia Research
- Wednesday September 25, 2019 (USA/CA/UK)
- Thursday September 26,, 2019 (AU/NZ/ASIA)
Please note: this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About the Webinar: There is no systematic way for people with dementia to get involved in research, and limited support is available to facilitate a broader public engagement in dementia research. Recruiting participants in dementia research is costly and time consuming. In partnership with University College London and University of Exeter, a team at the university of Sydney has been working to tackle the challenges in Australia through StepUp for Dementia Research. This presentation will focus on what this new initiative aims to deliver and how it will achieve its goal to improve recruitment efficiency and public engagement in dementia research. The session will conclude with Q&A, and time permitting the participants will be given opportunity to sign up in real time.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members/Care partners: FREE
- Employed persons: DONATIONS APPRECIATED
WITHOUT YOUR DONATIONS, DAI COULD NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE CURRENTLY FOR MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES & THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 60.00 covers the average of the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees