This page is under constant review; as we find more resources to support and educate people with dementia we will add them here. If you find a publication, resource, website or organisation that you think will help others, please contact us. Please also go to our page which lists the websites of many relevant organisations.
THE GLOBAL VOICES OF DEMENTIA: RESOURCES FOR SELF-ADVOCACY
Dementia Alliance International (DAI), the Alzheimer’s Society UK, and the 3 Nations Dementia Working Group (3NDWG) worked in partnership to develop two resources to inform, educate, inspire and empower more people with dementia to become advocates.
- Supporting Dementia Self-Advocates – a Directory of Resources, which collates relevant online resources to support inclusive working and self-advocacy.
- The Many Voices of Dementia Advocacy, a short film with seven people living with dementia in different countries, talking about their experiences of self-advocating, their motivation and top tips.
- Alzheimers Society of Canada Person Centred Languge Guidelines
- Dementia Australia Dementia Language Guidelines
- Dementia Words Matter: guidelines on language about dementia
Core principles for involving people with dementia in research; The Scottish Dementia Working Group Research Sub-group.
Let’s talk about dementia: A post diagnostic resource by the Scottish Dementia Working Group “please don’t label me, I am more than my dementia.”
The Murray Alzheimer’s Research and Education Program (MAREP) has a list of publications, By Us For Us series of guides, specifically for people with dementia, written by people with dementia.