You are invited to register now for DAI’s November “Meeting Of The Minds” Webinar:
Title: Delirium: Cause for Concern?
Presented by: Dr. Shibley Rahman, QS PhD MRCP (UK) LLM MBA, Special advisor in disability, NHS Practitioner Health
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 (AU/NZ/Asia)
- Please note this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About the Webinar: Delirium is a common phenomenon in individuals with pre-existing dementia. It is now thought even possibly to accelerate cognitive decline. Known for its abrupt effect on individuals, as a sudden change in personality and behaviour, with marked cognitive change in attention, it is distressing to watch as a carer, and distressing to experience as a patient. It is important to identify, however, as it is a significant common medical emergency. It is important to be cognisant about its existence in all care settings, including domiciliary and residential care. This seminar will consider what delirium is, how and why it should be identified, what are its consequences, as well as considering contemporary aspects of care and research. It will also consider its wider significance in the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Dr. Shibley Rahman: Dr Shibley Rahman is a carer for a mother with dementia. He is also an experienced academic in geriatric long-term conditions, especially dementia, delirium and frailty. He graduated from Cambridge in 2001 with a first, where he also did his Ph.D. in dementia, with ground-breaking research on the diagnosis of behavioural variant frontotemporal, dementia. He is also a trained academic lawyer, from London, and a member of the Royal College of Physicians of London. He currently works improving the health and wellbeing of the NHS workforce, as a special advisor in disability.
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 12:30 pm Pacific
- 1:30 pm Mountain
- 2:30 pm Central
- 3:30 pm Eastern
- 8:30 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 9:30 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, November 26, 2020 ( AU/NZ/ASIA):
- 4:30 am Perth, AU/Taipei/Singapore
- 6:30 am Brisbane, AU
- 7:00 am Adelaide, AU
- 7:30 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania/Brisbane, AU
- 9:30 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for up to 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above with this link.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members: FREE
- Care partners of DAI Memers: FREE
- Healthcare professionals: FREE
- Researchers: FREE
- General public: FREE
YOUR DONATIONS SUPPORT US IN MANY WAYS:
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 200.00 covers the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees
PLEASE DONATE TO DAI OR BECOME AN ASSOCIATE OR PARTNER. WITHOUT OUR SUPPORT, DAI COULD NOT PROVIDE THE FREE SERVICES WE PROVIDE CURRENTLY FOR MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES & THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.