Updated on June 6, 2020 – During these truly difficult and unprecedented times, we are bringing together news, resources, stories, advice and support for the global dementia community, and especially DAI members wh live with dementia.
This web page is dedicated to resources and information relating to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic; we aim to update it on a regular basis, and today have added a number of links to additional resources.
Our strongest weapons are collaboration and co-operation, so please email us if you have relevant resources.
The daily updates from the World Health Organisation and so many others are helpful, although sometimes, added to the almost minute-by-minute news reports, they can also be overwhelming! We hope this new COVID-19 Resource page helps you to find reliable advice, and online support.
Let’s all work together to ensure all people with dementia and their families, and all others, are safe and well, and that our rights are not being breached at this difficult time.
- Dementia Alliance International (DAI) is providing extra support including additional online support groups, mentoring, cafes, and webinars.
- The United Nations COVID-19 Response
- The World Health Organisation Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
- The Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) advice and support during COVID-19 resource page
- Guidance & Advice for Older People: Key Facts from HelpAge International. This document provides guidance and advice for older people about COVID-19. It includes basic information on what Covid-19 is and how it is spread, followed by key advice on what older people can do to reduce their risk of catching the virus, and what they should do if they need medical help or support. Download the document here…
- The International Disability Alliance COVID-19 Disability Rights Monitor.
- Alzheimers Europe Board adopts recommendations on how to promote the wellbeing of people with dementia and carers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dementia Advocacy Canada COVID-19 support and resources
- Dementia Action Alliance COVID-19 discussions and resources
- Dementia Australia COVID-19 support for people with dementia and other resources
- Alzheimer’s Association (America) Helpline
- Alzheimer’s Society UK information for people with dementia
- Innovations Dementia Volunteers Guide and other resources
- Guidelines for Care Homes , informed by experience in China, Korea & Japan
- Protecting Older People durign the COVID pandemic: Six Key Messages for Lawmakers at International & National Levels
- International Federation of Ageing: COVID-19 Resource Library
Please contact your national or local Alzheimer’s organisation if not listed above.
DAI has the following COVID-19 infographics translated into some other languages, to support people with dementia globally. Current translations were added on April 26. 2020, in English, Spanish and Italian.