Please join us for the next DAI “Meeting Of The Minds” Webinar, titled LGBTI people, Kindness and Dementia, presented by Dr Catherin Barrett. Dr Catherine Barrett is the Founder and Director of Celebrate Ageing – a not for profit organisation challenging ageism and building respect for older people, and we are extremely honoured and excited to have her join our list of eminent speakers.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Thursday, March 25, 2021 (AU/NZ/Asia)
- Please note: this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About the Webinar: This presentation will begin by outlining the work of the Celebrate Ageing program, including the Museum of Love – which explores the importance of love in the lives of people with dementia. Then it will outline the key challenges that lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people face when they are diagnosed with dementia – in particular the lack of knowledge and compassion from families and service providers. The presentation will conclude by exploring how the stories of people living with dementia have been embraced by the Kindness Pandemic (a project set up under the Celebrate Ageing umbrella with over ½ million members) and how kindness is changing the way some people live.
About Catherine Barrett: Dr Catherine Barrett is the Founder and Director of Celebrate Ageing – a not for profit organisation challenging ageism and building respect for older people. Catherine has held positions as a nurse in residential aged care and an Academic at University – and draws on these experiences to build evidence-based approaches to engaging the community and service providers in real cultural change. Catherine is passionate about promoting recognition of the human experience of living with dementia.
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 (USA/CA/UK/EU):
- 1:00 pm Pacific
- 3:00 pm Mountain
- 4:00 pm Central
- 5:00 pm Eastern
- 9:00 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 10:00 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, March 25, 2021 ( AU/NZ/ASIA):
- 5:00 am Perth, AU/Asia
- 7:00 am Brisbane, AU
- 7:30 am Adelaide, AU
- 8:00 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania/Brisbane, AU
- 10:00 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for up to 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above with this link.
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members: FREE
- Care partners of DAI Memers: FREE
- Healthcare professionals: FREE
- Researchers: FREE
- General public: FREE
YOUR DONATIONS SUPPORT US IN MANY WAYS:
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 200.00 covers the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees
Support people with dementia: