- Friday, March 22, 2019 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 (AU/NZ/ASIA)
Please note: this will be one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About DAI’s online WRAD2019 event: DAI ‘s vision is that all people with dementia are valued and included. We also have a strong philosophy that working together makes us all stronger, and by doing so, we can and will achieve more. Our 2018 “World Rocks Against Dementia” (WRAD) event was hugely successful, and we are hostig another online event for WRAD this year.
This year, we have many new and original songs, performed just for DAI’s Rock Against Dementia online event, and we thank each and every performer for their support. Many of these songs will really speak to your hearts and souls.
We don’t have a fully finalised program yet, but please know it will be fun. We have some live performances (yes, via Zoom), and like last year, there will be time to chat and ask questions about what is it like living with dementia along the way.
Credit goes to Wayne Mesker who started Rock Against Dementia (RAD) in the USA, and Norrms McNamara in the UK whose idea it was to take the event global. By collaborating together, these two men have helped the World Rock Against Dementia (WRAD) all around the world. DAI is proud to be part of the movement, as we all know music is an important part of our lives, and as discovered by the Alive Inside Foundation, is also a powerful change agent for improving the quality of life, memory recall and pure joy for people with dementia.
Opening and closing live performances are again by DAI member Graeme Atkins, who supported by his wife, is a wonderful example of living positively, alongside the very real challenges of a diagnosis of dementia.
- Live performance by Graeme Atkins: Living Well With Dementia
- Dr Al Power, supported by: Happy Wanderer
- Daniella Greenwood: Something For Kate
- Chris Madsen & Jenny Garbutt: In the Stillness
- Dubghlas Taylor and the Bay Samba band, Brisbane: tbc
- Chris Madsen & Jenny Garbutt: It shall always be
- The ACH Choir, Adelaide: tbc
- James McKillop: tbc
- Veda Meneghetti and The Party Girls: Only Your Heart
- Kate Swaffer: Sadness, followed by Happiness
- Live performance by Graeme Atkins: The Minimal Mental Test!
NOTE: WE STILL HAVE MANY PERFORMANCES TO BE ADDED TO OUR PROGRAMME
Friday, March 22, 2019 – times (USA/UK/EU/CA):
- 11:00 am Honolulu
- 2:00 pm San Francisco USA / Vancouver CA
- 4:00 pm Des Moines/Chicago/Houston USA
- 5:00 pm New York USA / oronto CA
- 9:00 pm London/Glasgow UK
- 10:00 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Saturday, March 23, 2019 – times (AU/NZ/JP/IND/TWN):
- 5:00 am Perth/Taipei
- 7:00 Brisbane
- 7:30 am Adelaide
- 8:00 am Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra
- 10:00 am Auckland, NZ
The webinar runs for up to 1.5 hours.
COST TO ATTEND:
- $10 USD – DAI Members
- $20 USD – NON DAI Members
- $50 USD – to be used exclusively to support people with dementia to attend conferences
- DONATION – other
NOTE: DAI WRAD-2019 performers will be provided with a complimentary ticket
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO DAI OR BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE OR PARTNER.
WITHOUT YOUR DONATIONS, DAI COULD NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE CURRENTLY FOR MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES & THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 60.00 covers the average of the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 400.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE: If you are still waiting on a certificate of attendance from any of our educational webinars, please email us at [email protected]